Wednesday, July 29, 2009

From Rain to Sun

In Salisbury today and a series of very confidential meetings and telephone discussions the contents of which I can't publish on this blog and so it makes it much easier to write it up! At lunchtime I ate a light meal of cauliflower soup and smoked mackerel and ventured out in the pouring rain to get a birthday card for nephew James. I always seem to forget the date of his birthday (2nd August) and last year was the first year I managed to send him a card on time. I therefore thought about it well in advance to ensure I got it off in good time. I bought a lovely card with racing cars on the front in relief. I had intended to get home in good time tonight but one of our outsourcing matters was not going according to plan and I was forced to stay in the office until 7 p.m. for ma telephone conference call with our external lawyers (and this after an 8 a.m. start with just a short break for lunch). I was looking forward to a quiet night in tonight but when I got home Tom had hooked up his Xbox Live to the main TV with wires trailing from the router in the study along the hall, through the lounge and into the TV. I have to confess to having blown my top as he has been told repeatedly not to do this. I went out for a drive to cool off. Eventually all was resolved and I ate the spaghetti bolognaise which Sara (not Tom) prepared. Having spoken to our timeshare exchange company earlier today and finding no spare accommodation for the second week in Nassau, I discussed with them the possibility of using our 2008 week in either Spain or the Canary Islands for Christmas. Fortunately there was a two-bedroom apartment available in Lanzarote. The apartment has been reserved for us for 24 hours and tonight we managed to book flights with Monarch Airlines. Another break to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment