Wednesday, July 22, 2009

IBM and Fairtrade CDM

A really early start again today as I had to attend a meeting with our new HR Director at 9 a.m. in Dorking. Waking at 5.30 a.m. I made tea for Sara and me and also gave her some tablets for her trapped nerve which is giving her a lot of trouble. As I had he same problem earlier this year I have every sympathy for her. I arrived at our Dorking office at 8.15 a.m. - time enough to get myself a decent latte coffee and bacon roll and prepare my papers for my important meeting. The meeting was challenging but went well although I can see further challenges ahead. I continued to have problems with my laptop which now would not connect to the Internet! Michelle from our now outsourced IT support services came to see me several times during the course of the day, took my laptop away several times, managed to get me connected back on to the Internet and later announced that she thought she had solved my wireless connection problem at home. When I tried it at home this evening it did not work!! Looks like more calls to India tomorrow if I am going to be able to work at home as planned on Friday. It never ceases to amaze me that it took me precisely 20 minutes to get Sara's and Tom's laptops networked up to our wireless system at home yet so far it has taken two days for our professional IT people to fail totally to achieve the same thing! This afternoon I attended another meeting for the outsourcing of further IT services to India! I feel like a turkey voting for Christmas! I didn't leave until 6.35 p.m. and then drove home via Grateley Golf Course to see Roger and pick up my repaired club. Roger appears to have made a good job but I need to leave it for 24 hours before I use it to allow the glue to be properly hardened. Today it was announced that Cadbury's had started production of Fairtrade Dairy Milk chocolate bars which will soon be in the shops. A great triumph for Stop the Traffik. I will soon be able to eat my favourite chocolate bar again!

No comments:

Post a Comment