Thursday, July 16, 2009

Questions?

Another day in the Salisbury office with an early meeting at 8.30 p.m. I made myself a salad and a corned beef roll to take into work for lunch. As it happened, Sara and I went for lunch together where we had a rather good Mexican meal with my packed lunch left in the fridge for my tea! As it happened I forgot the packed lunch which will now have to suffice for lunch tomorrow. It was a bit of an emotional day with me signing Sara's "goodbye" card and learning that there are now two appeals and another grievance from HR staff about the way they have been treated. My work certainly looks cut out for me over the next few months and it is not eased by having to look at grievances from people I have come to know and respect over many years. I have to admit to having shed a tear as I signed Sara's card. The Company without Sara seems impossible to think of. I also had a chat with Hilary L who leaves us in another ten-days time - again somebody I have worked with over many years, whose company I have enjoyed and who has an enormous wealth of knowledge. After work I took Sara's laptop into PC World and they wereable to fix it very quickly so that Sara can now download attachments from emails sent to her for the Parish Magazine. We had a small House Group tonight and discussed the subject of "Questioning" and "Doubting" in the context of the growth of faith. The discussion was of a very high quality and after the formal House Group itself, Klynn, Steve, Sara and I discussed mission, worship, leadership and the future of Food for Thought. Sara went to bed early and Klynn and I continued chatting until after midnight. I think it very important to give Klynn all the help he needs to grow FFT. I am left with many questions tonight both from a work and a church perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment