Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PCC Meeting

No flag was hoisted today. It was my second day in Salisbury this week. I made myself a packed lunch again today - a corned beef roll and a salad - and had a bacon sandwich for breakfast. I arrived at the office at around 8.20 a.m. and immediately dealt with some drafting of compromise agreements. The work seemed to just pile in all morning and my involvement in a number of telephone conferences and meetings never seems to abate. I was glad that I had packed some lunch as I worked right through my lunch hour on a telephone conference concerning outsourcing. Sara was also in the office today but we had little opportunity to talk much to each other. Sara is now clearing up some last minute matters before she leaves - only three more working days to go! This evening I visited Homebase (again!) but not in Basingstoke this time. I bought a new lamp fitting for Mary's bedroom and new light bulbs as she has a pink chandelier which has remained in its box for a few weeks now and which I have overlooked fitting for her. Back home I gave that priority and had it fitted for her in about ten minutes. It really does look good in her bedroom. Matthew the plumber had been and clearly had had a very productive day. The new tiles were on the wall of the bathroom including the special border ones which I went to Basingstoke for yesterday. The bathroom is being transformed and looks really great. Slowly but surely, the house is beginning to look so much better inside. Unfortunately the garden needs much doing to it and my plans to mow the rear lawn was thwarted by my trip to Homebase and the fitting of the light. I only had a brief time before I had to go off to the Church PCC being held in the Junior Church Cabin (as it is now referred to). The meeting was quite a lengthy one and one in which I had quite a bit to say - on the topics of the Church's Vision, Food for Thought, Worship Training, Magazine Advertising, Deanery Synod Report, and Back to Church Sunday (27th September 2009 - my birthday). One issue that does need resolving is the problem of laity being allowed to lead worship and current canon law. At present no solution seems to be forthcoming with the clergy split on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment