Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fixing

Today I worked in Salisbury again. I left later than normal today (around 8 a.m.) after putting out some extra rubbish for the refuse collection. I was delighted to find that there were two parking spaces still left when I arrived. I have found that it is quicker and easier to get into Salisbury in the morning through Laverstock rather than negotiate St. Thomas's Bridge. I phoned Michelle in IT early on to tell her that my wireless connection at home was still not working. I suggested that I take the laptop down to MacDonald's at lunchtime and try out the free wi-fi system down there. This would establish whether it was the laptop or my wireless router at home that was at fault. I did just this at 12 noon and over a chicken supreme meal deal found that the wi-fi still did not work! Back to the drawing and to India I guess! Sara and Mary popped into the office to deliver some Virgin Vie products. It was strange to have to let her in and for her to wait in reception whilst I went into the office to talk to staff. On my way home this evening I called in at the Mercedes Garage to have two defective lights fixed. Whilst I waited for the technician to do the work I fantasized over an S-Class Coupe whose price almost precisely matched Sara's redundancy payment! A lot of motor car but, at the end of the day, probably just as efficient if not less so than my humbler C-Class. Tonight we had our House Group with five attendees - Sara, me, Rosemary, Ivan and Dawn. Sara kept falling asleep throughout it - a great tribute to my leadership! We watched the final section of Steve Chalke's DVD - The Apprentice. This final session was on the topic of Questioning. Dawn stayed behind for a glass of wine and didn't leave until 11.15 p.m. Her domestic life still in turmoil. Hectic day tomorrow with Sara off for four days to the health farm and me working from home with two kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment