Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Rain and Thunder

The Summer suddenly disappeared today - torrential rain, flooding and thunderstorms - and on a day when I was driving up to Dorking and Mary was supposed to be having her sports day at school. Before leaving for work I raised the French flag to mark Tom and his schoolmates being in Normandy. Despite the poor weather I still arrived in Dorking at a good time - 9.15 a.m. Today was a day of paperwork - such things as expenses returns, mileage and fuel returns - both my own and authorising others. The day was punctuated by a brief telephone meeting in the morning otherwise it was head down at the desk all day. The weather was terrible all day. I lunched with my peers - a cheese baguette and soup - when we discussed the state of the company. The stock market is poor again today and recession seems to be getting ever deeper. The news in the Financial Times is depressing. The main news of the day was that Wacko Jacko's funeral took place in Los Angeles and a memorial to those who died in the 7.7 London Bombings in 2005 was dedicated by Prince Charles. It does seem strange without Tom - no rows with his sister - uncannily quiet. Sara is obviously missing him a lot as she does seem to be a little unhappy at the moment. Tonight I tackled the task of approving and signing my company's accounts to send back to my accountant in Somerset for filing with Companies House and HMRC. Klynn apparently caught the wrong train this evening at Waterloo and announced it to all and sundry on Facebook. If I were him, I'd keep that sort of thing quiet! We all have senior moments but I do know which train to catch when I want to leave London! My one and only time of doing the same was when I was much younger and had four or five Guinnesses inside me. Then it was not my fault. They should have woken me up before they uncoupled the train!

1 comment:

  1. it wasnt from Waterloo but Cambridge!
    I was at the right platform at the right time as indicated by the monitors....however they had been a platform change that was put on the electronic system...but thanks for assuming and telling everyone how daft i am ;-)

    ReplyDelete