Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cadbury's FairTrade Choccie is here!

Back to Dorking again today - but only the one day this week and a good opportunity to catch up on some paperwork in the office. I woke at 5.30 a.m. but dozed for half an hour. This was the first time since "retired" that she was in no rush to go anywhere or do anything so she was greeted with a cup of tea in bed. I had a light breakfast of fruit and toast and marmalade and set off for Dorking at around 7.45 a.m. As the schools have now all broken up it was a fairly easy journey to Surrey this morning. The office was very quiet when I arrived with very few people in. I set about dealing with a small amount of "snail mail" and answering and sending emails. The papers from the two HR Consultants employment tribunal claims had arrived on my desk. These will need to be copied and sent out to he relevant people when I know who they are. At lunchtime I decided to forgo lunch with David, Michael and Anthony in the office restaurant and went into Dorking town centre to organise some banking matters. I had lunch at the local Subway, a "sub" with beef, onion, tomatoes, green peppers and my favourite sweet onion dressing - in Italian bread and then toasted! Yummy and far better than what we get at work. This afternoon I grappled with a new terminal illness claim which was on my desk when I arrived. Poor man, a brain tumour but he had non-disclosed his previous medical history. A potential legal fight ahead. The file had me rummaging through my Gray's Anatomy and Nurses Directory to understand what the doctors' Latin phrases meant. I have the file to take back to Salisbury tomorrow. Tonight I was told, on the telephone, Tom was cooking supper - homemade spaghetti bolognese. However, when I got home it seemed the idea no longer appealed to him and Sara cooked a fantastic stir fried pork dish with a Thai sweet sauce. Apparently this was one of the dishes on the menu at Forest Mere. It was served with egg noodles and was lovely. This was followed by yoghurt which Tom also ate. I brought home some of the brand new FairTrade Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate which actually tastes richer and sweeter than the old CDM. Not only is the cocoa FairTrade but also the sugar used. Well done Cadbury's and well done STT! Sara and Tom sat down this evening to watch TV and I dealt with quite a number of private emails- including a planning one for the House Group - and wrote this blog. Another early night tonight, I think, with Adrian Plass.

No comments:

Post a Comment