Sunday, September 06, 2009

Another Typical Sunday

Sundays at home tend to follow a general pattern these days - church, lunch, gardening and other household chores. Today was not really an exception. We all attended the morning All Age Eucharist service where the family acted as sidespersons and I read the lesson - one of my favourite passages too - from James - no faith without deeds. The service was a little different with slides, DVDs and no hymn book or sheet. The theme of the service was an advertisement for the Back to Church Sunday which will take place on my birthday. Unfortunately I will not be there and will be attending Christ Church Toxteth Park, Liverpool on that day. It will be interesting to see how they do it. There was also a reference to the next Alpha Course which starts in October. Tom has agreed to deliver 200 leaflets to houses round about us. . Sara cooked us Cajun chicken for lunch and she then went out with the Tom and Mary to Tesco's for the weekly shop. I stayed behind and mowed the lawns. I also went to see one of the Parish Councillors who wanted my advice about buying and flying flags on the village flagpole which hasn't been used for some time. Seeing my pole and the variety of flags displayed from time to time he felt that the Council should at least fly the Union Flag and the Wiltshire County Flag. Whilst visiting him he gave me two carrier bags of damsons and tomatoes from his garden. Richard wasn't available to play golf this afternoon but as I was fearful of getting too rusty, not having play at all this week, I took myself off to Grateley and played 12 holes. My game was mixed with some really good tee shots but awful putting. I decided to use the time to try out some experimental shots especially using my 5 iron which really leaves my bag. I was pleased with the straightness of the shots using this club despite the windy conditions. Tom had gone off the Rockface when I returned and Mary was playing with the girls next door. Tonight I prepared for my trip to Dorking tomorrow and dealt with some paperwork. I also rang Mum who said she had a good time in Scarborough on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment