Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Laptop Blues

I didn't find it too easy to get up this morning but dragged myself out of bed and remembered that I was working in Dorking today. Dressed, made tea and checked my emails - the laptop was working again for a short spell! It is working now but not properly. My journey into Dorking was uneventful and I arrived at just after 9.30 a.m. I worked through lunch - Sara had packed me a light lunch in a sandwich box - and dealt with some admin. work such as expenses claims. I brought in some of the excellent fudge from Scotland. Everybody remarked upon how good it was and the tin was empty by 3 p.m. Ann took the tin to use as a replacement for her pens holder. I left a little early to go to PC World and choose a new laptop. Having spent just under an hour considering different machines and their various specs. I chose an upgraded HP one with built in webcam. I was just beginning the paper work when I was informed that my account had been stopped. Why? Because, apparently, some unsolicited mail sent to me had been returned to them marked "Gone Away". My purchase of a new laptop was aborted pending the manager looking into the issue tomorrow. The earliest I am likely to get my new laptop, therefore, is mid-week next week! How frustrating. Tonight I watched the programme I had recorded on the sinking of the Estonia last night. As I write up this blog, Sara is flipping through the channels. Spoke to Mum this evening - she seems well and is looking forward to going curling tomorrow but without ice! Not sure how you can do that unless the stones have wheels.

1 comment:

  1. get your laptop from Waitrose or Comet, those clowns an Pc world don't know anything...failing that buy online at Dell or such like

    ReplyDelete