Monday, September 21, 2009

Sick Patients

An odd day in Dorking today. Tom and Mary both complained of feeling unwell and Tom stayed off school whilst Mary soldiered on in. I had a reasonable journey into work along the A31 via Winchester and Farnham listening to some Shostakovitch, including Jazz Suites 1 & 2, on the CD player. I had a lot of emails to get through as I had not looked at any since Thursday afternoon. Lunch was a home-made beef sandwich, crisps and an orange. Straight after lunch I was taken, together with several hundred others, by luxury touring coach the 800 yards or so from our offices to Dorking Halls for a presentation about why our pension fund cannot sustain its present level of benefits for the staff on the current contributions and other problems we face. A very downbeat presentation. Tonight I gave a lift to Anthony as far as Grateley Station. He is spending the night at his home in Salisbury and returning to Dorking tomorrow morning. I have offered him a lift up to Liverpool on Friday evening if he wants to see his friend on the Wirral but he'll have to be at Grateley at around 4.30 p.m. so I can pick him up there and I'll drop him at St. Michael's Station in Aigburth, Liverpool. He isn't sure whether he will be going or not yet. On arrival at home I found that Sara was now feeling unwell too. She was going to take herself up to bed but as I write this at 9.30 p.m. she is still up and "working" at her laptop. Some good news today, Duncan has fitted TV sockets in the rooms upstairs. We now need to get some aerial-connecting leads to activate the two remaining unconnected TVs. Tomorrow I am in Salisbury. Feeling quite tired now and hoping that I am not also coming down with the "lurgy". Mary went to bad happy because a wobbly tooth has now finally come out and will yield some monetary reward - she hopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment