Monday, September 28, 2009

Seeing old friends

I woke up on the couch downstairs - the fifth night in a row without a bed! The time was 7.00 a.m. I have a heavy cold and took some aspirin with my morning tea. I was working in Salisbury and arrived at the office at 8.40 p.m. Belinda was already there - her red Jaguar already in a car parking space. We met up and had coffee in the coffee lounge before our meeting. Michael R. our barrister friend joined us a little after 10.30 a.m. for a meeting which lasted until 1.30 p.m. We had a mediocre lunch - pasties and chips - and Michael left us just after 2 p.m. He remarked how I didn't seem my usual self. He reminded me about the Henley Cricket Club dinner on the 9th October. This clashes with another function (yet another leaving dinner) the same evening and as I'll need to find a hotel to stay at if I go to Henley, I think I'll give it a miss this time. I visited the banks and made some deposits (it is pay day today) before returning back to do some more work. I visited PC World on my way home for them to have a look at my ailing laptop. Seems it has a "main board" malfunction and the cost of installing a new one is around £230. Seems a better option for me to buy a new laptop. It is working on/off tonight and I am able to post this blog. Dawn looked after the children tonight (she brought her dog Figaro along much to the annoyance of our cat Emily), and Sara and I went to Anoka's for her retirement dinner. Sarah C, Stuart P, Adrian T and Mary McC. joined us. Stuart was on top form with his anecdotes and other stories. We dropped Mary back off at the Red Lion before returning home. Another does of Ibuprofen is called for - and perhaps a tot of whisky.

No comments:

Post a Comment