Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Schedules

Left for work in Dorking a little later than normal this morning - after all I had had a very long day yesterday travelling to Manchester and back. Arrived a little after 10 a.m. and there seemed to be very few people in. My first meeting today was at 11 a.m. with Tom. That seemed to go well. I ate my self-packed lunch at my desk and worked through my lunch hour. I have been asked to write a report on my dealings with HR for my director but no clear view as to why that is wanted. I have also to attend a presentation o the changes to our pension scheme to be given at Dorking Halls next Monday. So little good news at present. I was advised of a hearing in the Manchester Employment Tribunals next Thursday and so it looks like next week is going to be rather hectic - flying up to Manchester on Wednesday, staying overnight in Liverpool, commuting into Manchester on Thursday morning, flying back to Southampton on Thursday evening and then driving up to Liverpool with Tom on Friday evening! It seems half of my week will be spent in Lancashire! I will however be around for the Lodge interview on Tuesday and the PCC Meeting on Thursday! Sara will hardly see me at all next week - perhaps that's what keeps our marriage so alive! Sara started her health regime in earnest with a 2-mile village walk this morning. If she gets fit then the pounds should come off without any dubious medicines promised from Adam in Thailand. Tomorrow I shall be off to Torquay to attend an Inquest into the death of one of pour policyholders. Not an easy matter but tomorrow night I shall be staying in the Grand Hotel,Torquay and hope to visit a recommended Chinese restaurant in Paignton. Sara will be hosting the House Group informal cheese and wine evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment