Friday, September 25, 2009

Back Up North!

I must have been really tired last night and all this travelling has clearly caught up with me as I had to be awoken by Sara at 8.20 a.m. I slept in the Family Room last night as Sara's coughing and spluttering would have kept me awake although I would have appreciated a more comfortable bed - I'll be on a couch again tonight! I intended to work from home today but discovered that I must have left my mains adapter lead in the Mancheter office so decided to go into Salisbury. I dropped Mary off at school on the way in. It was as well that I worked in the office today as I had to get a draft Defence approved and needed to speak to a number of people. I had brief chats with Roger T, Debbie C and Gleny B. It was good to see all of them - one of whom is going next week. Sheila had her farewell presentation this morning too. I returned home in the early afternoon and did a little more work before Tom and I set off for Liverpool. Our journey was not good - we had a traffic jam at Birdlip, the M5 was closed at West Bromwich requiring a detour via Kidderminster, Wolverhampton and Stafford and more problems near Keele requiring a detour through Stoke-on-Trent. We eventually arrived in Liverpool at 10 p.m. Supper was a king prawn chow mein for me and fish and chips for Tom - from Steve's in Aigburth Vale, the supposed best chippy on Merseyside. It is certainly well established as I bought the famous Scouse "Sausage Dinners" there for 15p in 1972. They now cost £2.60. The evening ended with the usual chats and whisky. As I write this I fear a sore throat coming on - I hope I haven't court the "lurgy" from Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment