Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Evening with Stonehenge

I was woken by my own alarm on my mobile phone at 6.00 a.m. today. Finally getting up at 6.30 a.m. I made tea and checked my e-mails before hoisting the Wiltshire flag on our pole. I left home at just before 8 a.m. and was in the office in Salisbury by about 8.15 a.m. Despite being the first day after the Bank Holiday and the beginning of September, things seemed to remain quite quiet today and I was able to get on with a number of usual "end of month" tasks. The weather was changeable and I chose the moment for the heavens to open when I slipped into town to buy a new belt from M&S. I did manage to get back without getting too wet though. I worked through until around 5.45 p.m. and having changed arrived at Freemason's Hall for the Stonehenge Chapter Meeting. It was an enjoyable meeting, especially as I had only the smallest part to play in the ceremony. Dinner consisted of mushroom soup, steak pie and vegetables, peaches and ice cream and cheese and biscuits with coffee. I arrived home at around 10.30 p.m. Duncan had removed our cooker ready for Tesco's to deliver our new one tomorrow. Sara was watch "A is for Acid" a docu-drama with Martin Clunes starring as the acid-bath serial murderer, John Haigh, who committed his crimes in Crawley and was kept at Horsham Police Station before being convicted at Lewes Assizes, sentenced and executed. Off to Taunton tomorrow for a meeting with my opposite number at another large insurer.

No comments:

Post a Comment