Thursday, September 24, 2009

Liverpool/Manchester/PCC/Home

Another long day today. Woke at 6.30 a.m. on Malcolm's sofa in his flat in Liverpool. A shower and a light breakfast of toast and marmalade and tea followed. We caught the train into Manchester from St. Michael's Station and arrived in Manchester at 8.40 a.m. - I was in the office at 9 a.m. Sara Bra was already in and we spent a productive morning working on our TUPE presentation and dealing with other disciplinary matters. We went to the Craft Centre in central Manchester for a Fairtrade lunch - so kind of Sara to go to the trouble of finding somewhere I would approve. She is a kind and thoughtful person. I caught the 4.35 p.m. flight back to Southampton on another FlyBe Dash-400 (G-ECOJ) sister plane to that I came up on. Once back down south I stopped off at the fish and chip shop in Chandler's Ford where Sara once used to work and arrived back at Winterslow just in time for the PCC Meeting which lasted until 9.45 p.m. Back home Sara was still feeling unwell and we watched some "Mock the Week" before she went to bed and did wrote this blog. I decided as she is still ill with 'flu that I would sleep in the family room tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment