Sunday, September 20, 2009

No early morning Eucharist at St. John's today so Tom and I stayed behind for a cooked breakfast as Sara and Mary went off to a Baptism/Family Eucharist at All Saints. At 9.45 a.m. Tom and I left for Pembroke Park School, next to the Diocesan Education Centre on Devizes Road where I had attended the Clergy Pensions meeting the other week. The match was against Sarum Juniors and Clarendon lost 6-4 despite a valiant attempt. It was extremely hot and humid and many of tom's team, including Tom, went down with injuries, or in Tom's case, exhaustion and an injury to his left leg. Tom played really well, bringing about an "assist" and nearly netting one himself. Sara cooked a lunch of beef stew with dumplings made by Mary. In the afternoon I mowed all three lawns, washed the car and helped Sara move furniture to aid Duncan fit TV cables into the family room and Mary's bedroom. After a welcome bath I attended the Choral Evensong at Farley. There I met Nils, Gill and Jane C who were conducting the service and Elizabeth who was singing in the choir. Rosemary and Mike and Caroline M-J were in the congregation and I sat with them. Tonight Tom went off to Rockface. Sara seems to have had a hard day with the kids today. I rang Malcolm to thank him for the ticket he had managed to get me for the Preston v. Spurs game at Deepdale on Wednesday night. My evening is now sorted out and I look forward to it. I also spoke to Francis whom I haven't seen since Mike Dare's funeral back in 2005. We had a good natter about a number of things as well as the procedure for making changes to the Sandtoft articles of association. I also rang Mum. She seems fine. I gave her a run down of my movements over the next seven days - they are quite hectic. Tonight I completed the Night sky article for the Parish Magazine and received an acknowledgement from Susan that my piece about House Groups for the Back to Church leaflet was okay. It was quite frustrating though as I wanted to scan and PDF the article and the scanner kept playing up. Now to bed. It's Dorking tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment