Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Unexpected day in Salisbury

I was working in Salisbury today which was unexpected as I had planned to be in Dorking. Natalie in Claims had wanted to discuss a tricky case with me and it seemed sensible to meet in Salisbury rather than drive all the way to Dorking for a lengthy telephone conference with somebody in Salisbury. It was a very productive day and I managed to draft a Defence and several letters as well as preparing for my 1:1 with JH tomorrow. I also arranged with my secretary to fix up flights for Vicki and me to fly up to Manchester next Tuesday for meetings on a new case. It will be my first flying since the beginning of the year when I flew over to the Isle of Man a couple of times. I ate lunch at my desk - Sara had prepared my packed lunch for me today - and worked through. I rang Richard to see if he was free for a game of golf this evening - he was. We met up at Wilton a little after 5.30 p.m. and managed to play ten holes before the light became too dim. Richard played an extremely good half round of golf - me less well - but neither of us could be described as bad. My driving has improved but my putting needs to be worked on. We finished the evening having a couple of pints in the Lion's Head. Sara had a bad evening with the children as they seemed to be fighting the whole time. not sure she was too pleased that I was out relaxing.

2 comments: