Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Celebrations

My birthday today. Presents from the children and the Russells as well as some money from Mum.  Spent much of my day in Salisbury where I went to Sarum College library to pick up some books which I had ordered and then on to Bookers to buy sparkling wine and other drinks for tomorrow's Calendar Girls launch at Salisbury Racecourse.   This evening the whole Huffey Clan came over (there were 13 of us in total" to celebrate my birthday, our wedding anniversary and Lee and Christy's engagement!  We also celebrated the reunion of  Lee with Tasha and our families generally.  Sara cooked a beef in Guinness stew followed by some rather good Stilton and Brie which I had bought at the Cash n' Carry.  A really lovely evening but quite tiring.  Adam also skyped us from Thailand to join in with the celebrations.  The biggest birthday celebration for me since my 50th.  The weather is also getting hotter and hotter this week and the night sky was lovely and clear tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment