Thursday, September 01, 2011

Ginny's Escape

A bit of a lie in this morning and then down to the study for 9 a.m. dealing with paperwork which couldn't be done yesterday because of being out all day.  Richard called round for morning coffee at 10 a.m. to discuss some paperwork connected with Jonathan's flat in Bradford.  We also discussed the Team Council Meting agenda tonight.  This afternoon I went into Salisbury to complete some banking and to buy a ticket for my train journey to Exeter tomorrow where I have been asked to assist in mediating between siblings regarding a will.  I will be leaving on an early train and have set aside all of tomorrow for the trip and meeting. On my return from Salisbury I mowed the inside lawns.   Tonight we had a fright.  Sara took Tom to football practice at Alderbury and I stayed behind to have a shower after my gardening and to prepare for tonight's house group. Whilst I was vacuuming, Ginny escapes outside through my study window which I had forgotten to close following a warm day today.  She disappeared for about half an hour.  I left the window open as this was the only route which she would know to get back inside.  Paul arrived about 7.50 p.m. for house group and he helped me search for her.  After about twenty minutes she appeared from the next door neighbour's garden and jumped back inside through the open study window.  At least she wanted to come back despite being ambushed again and again by Leo. There were only four of us at House Group tonight - two of our number being at Team Council and another combine harvesting.  Writing this up feeling quite tired so please excuse any typos or grammatical mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment