Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reaching for the Sky?

Another day mainly at home today.   Both Sara and I spent most of the day indoors this morning.  I dealt with a pile of correspondence and read through some of my course material as well as preparing for tonight's Sarum Lodge GPC meeting in Chandlers Ford and preparing for the Clarendon Team Staff meeting at Whaddon tomorrow.  Sara picked Tom up from school at 1 p.m. today and took him to the fracture clinic at Salisbury General Hospital.  The prognosis on his arm is that it is healing well but that he must refrain from any further football (playing it, not watching it!) for another 5 weeks.   Later this afternoon, Mary and I watched Reach for the Sky again which we had seen quite recently.  Mary had an extremely good recall.  Whilst talking about Mary, I realise that I haven't yet recorded that she has been appointed Vice-Captain of her House at school.  I was also Vice-House Captain in my time of my school and the name of my house was, prophetically, Salisbury!  Tonight I went to Chandlers Ford to chair a meeting on the future of our lodge in Salisbury.  Lack of new members coming in and losing older members means that the lodge cannot be sustainable for much longer.  We brainstormed a few ideas which I will take to the Province to see whether they can become a reality.  If they can, then the Lodge could be up for some exciting and innovative times ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment