Monday, September 05, 2011

A Rosy evening in Brighton

I didn't get up too early this morning as I knew that I would be having a late night in Brighton today.  I dealt with some correspondence this morning and Sara went into Salisbury - so I saw very little of her.  Early this afternoon I drove over to Brighton stopping off at Peter's to drop in the shelves from Mary's wardrobe which need re-sizing.  Peter was not there but I did see his mother-in-law briefly who thought that I was Peter.  After this call I drove into the centre of Brighton and parked my car in the North Road NCP.  Tonight I was attending my second meeting of Rose Croix, the Christian Masonic Degree, to watch an enthronement and perfection.  The meeting was well attended with over 40 dining.  This was an opportunity to watch the ceremony in which I had been perfected in January.  The Inspector General for Sussex was present as were quite a few senior members of the Order.  I was presented with my Supreme Grand Council Certificate as part of tonight's ceremony.  Dinner tonight consisted of egg mayonnaise, grilled fresh salmon with seasonal vegetables and creme caramel.  My dining companion this evening was a former Methodist Superintendent currently living in Chichester who regularly visits friends in Alderbury.  What a small world it is!  The meeting and dinner were quite long tonight and I didn't leave Brighton until around 10 p.m. getting back to Winterslow just before midnight.  As I approached Wiltshire it started raining heavily.  Forecasts for tomorrow are very heavy rain.  Typical with the One Day International being staged at the Rose Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment