Monday, September 12, 2011

An evening in Hove

High winds verging on hurricane force were forecast today and it was certainly blowy but nowhere as bad as imagined.  It had rained in the night and the wind had been strong.  Tom went off to school with his arm in a sling but otherwise in good spirits.  After breakfast, I went over to Rosemary's to attend her bible reading fellowship study group which lasted until 12 noon.  Sara went off to Wilton where she thought she was attending a meeting of the breast cancer nurses and giving a speech.  She found the venue deserted and subsequently discovered that the date was next month, not this.  Not her fault as the organiser had inserted the wrong month in the scribbled note given to her.  This afternoon I drove over to Brighton.  The weather was bright and sunny and although still a little windy (the sea looked quite rough).  I stopped off at Rustington for a pot of tea and to do some banking before driving on to Hove.  I had an early supper cooked by Peter (cottage pie) and then we walked the mile or so to Benfield School for a meeting of Civic Lodge's GPC which I chaired as the Master-elect.  It was a long meeting - not ending until 9.30 p.m.  We managed to get a lift to The Stanley Arms from the secretary, Tim, and Peter, Roger and myself spent an hour and a half supping some locally brewed light ale (from Plumpton).  I slept in the conservatory tonight although I didn't actually go to bed until well after 1 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment