Friday, September 02, 2011

A Day of Mediation (Home and Away)

Another early start today as I was on the 8.47 a.m. train to Exeter for a meeting at solicitors' offices to mediate on a will dispute.  I arrived early to ensure a car parking space and bought a newspaper which I read whilst drinking a coffee and eating a bacon roll at the station buffet.  My train arrived on time from London and kept perfect time all the way to Exeter Central where I disembarked and walked up to the High Street.  There I visited a couple of banks before arriving at the offices at 11.20 a.m.  My client arrived at 12 noon and we spent an hour and a half going through the papers before we nipped out for a light lunch at a small cafe I know near to the Employment Tribunals.  The other parties arrived late at nearly 3 p.m. and we thrashed through the papers for about an hour and a half until, eventually, we appeared to reach a suggested compromise which we are still working on.  Hopefully the dispute will be resolved soon.  I was back on the 5.30 p.m. train back to Salisbury getting back home at 7.45 p.m.  Tonight I dealt with some end of month accounts and wrote this blog whilst, occasionally, separating the warring cats.  They seem to be getting better towards each other but the odd issue arises which sparks them off again.  It seems that my mediation skills are be stretched today.  An early night, hopefully, as tomorrow is my Foundation Degree Induction Day at Sarum College after early Morning Prayer at All Saints.  Much to pray about!

No comments:

Post a Comment