Friday, September 30, 2011

UK's hottest day of the year

An incredibly hot day today - reaching 29 degree Celsius according to the temperature gauge in my car.  I spent the morning at home dealing with paperwork and after a quick stop off at the Lord Nelson to see Sara and have a glass of refreshing lime and soda, drove into Salisbury.  It was Rio's birthday today and so I dropped off a card and some money at Tasha's for him and then went into the city centre to bank some more Calendar Girls' money, pay the printers and attend at the offices of a firm of solicitors to deposit and collect documents in one of my cases.  Apparently it was later recorded that today was one of the hottest September days in the UK ever - I can well believe that as it seemed hotter than a July day!  This evening I phone Klynn, who I've not seen much of over the last few eeks, and invited him to join me for a beer or two at the Lion's Head.  We met up at 9 p.m. and spent a very pleasant 3 hours or so chatting and catching up on each other's news. Since starting my training for LLM, I have hardly seen him in church either because he is attending elsewhere or I am somewhere else in the Team.  I need to catch up on some of my reading following all the excitement and distractions of this week.  Hopefully I can spend an hour or so on my "Art of Theological Reflection" book tomorrow morning before Tom and I go off to Southampton.  I am looking forward to the match against Watford following our poor showing at the last two away games (only one point from a possible 6).  We remain top of the League but must do well to retain that position tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment