Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day off in Winchester

I had a day booked off work today but this did not prevent me from having an early morning telephone discussion with a client.  Lee, Christy, Tasha and family were due to come over to ours at 9.15 a.m. but didn't arrive until 10 a.m.  After a hurried coffee, Sara and I led them, in my car, to Chandlers Ford for a tour down "Memory Lane" to the old house where Sara and Lee had been brought up and a walk by the Lakes where Christy's son, Tristan, managed to lose a shoe!  It was recovered but very wet.  After a short drive around Chandlers Fords we went into Winchester for a fish and chip lunch and then a tour of the city centre (to buy a replacement pair of shoes for Tristan!) and a visit to the Castle and Cathedral.  Sara went back home with Tasha and family (there being children to pick up from school) and Lee, Christy, Tristan and I toured the Cathedral and had tea on the refectory.  After a short stop to buy Sara a wedding anniversary present (it will be our 13th in a few days time), I drove us all back to Winterslow for tea and cake.  Tristan found and enjoyed playing with Tom's old railway set and some of my old Dinky toys which I still have.  Sara took them back home.  We had a good House Group tonight - although I was feeling really very tired after all the traipsing around Winchester.  James and Sophie stayed behind to give me an updater on how the PCC meeting went on Wednesday.   Nothing for me to do thankfully.  James has been appointment to the Team Council and Sophie co-opted on to the PCC.  Fell asleep quite readily tonight.  A busy day tomorrow with a drive up to Liverpool in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment