Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Up a tree without a paddle?

Although I didn't venture out of the village today, nor used my car, I seemed to have had a full and exhausting day.  I woke early - a habit I am now trying to get into - and walked the mile to All Saints Church to attend Morning Prayer with our Rector and Curate.  A lovely tranquil time of the day for reflection and prayer - and how I needed it today!  I called in at the village shop on my return home to pick up my morning newspaper and buy some bread rolls for breakfast.  Sara and I had a cooked breakfast together and it seemed nice and quiet with the kids both back at school.  However,  I spent nearly all day in the study working through some Complex work and dealing with some Masonic issues as well as answering the phone which never seems to stop ringing these days.  I also had quite a list of other smaller yet niggling things to deal with which meant that quite a few emails needed to be written. Sara and I let Ginny out today for a wander around the garden which she enjoyed.  However, at one point she shot vertically up a tree and then had great difficulty in descending.  She became quite agitated and I was on my way to get a ladder when she dropped herself onto the fence between gardens and dropped onto the neighbour's side.  I eventually got her back after going round to the neighbour and lifting her back on to the fence.  She then high-tailed it back into our house.  Phew!  This afternoon Sara went off to visit one of our friends in hospital and was away all afternoon.  In the meantime I had more phone calls -especially in connection with the will I am trying to sort out and a crisis at my Salisbury lodge where the proposed master-elect no longer wants to go through the chair.  This has left me with a constitutional crisis - literally - and as secretary in falls upon me, with help from the Province, to try and resolve the issue.  That necessitated several phone calls too.   Sara is also having some crises of her own over the Calendar!   Tonight I really wished that I had retired to grow runner beans and watch Countdown instead of lead the incredibly busy life which we both do.  I did manage half and hour of reading my novel at teatime before the phone burst into life again.  Hang the diet, a cold beer from the fridge beckons!

No comments:

Post a Comment