Saturday, September 10, 2011

Football Injury

Another miserable rainy day this morning.  After doing his paper round, I dropped Tom off at Barry's Field for him to play in the Clarendon Juniors fixture against Lee Filters (Clarendon lost 0-4).  I then took a lot of rubbish left over from the builders as well as some domestic refuge to the recycling plant at Amesbury.  I returned to Barry's Field to find that Tom had been injured in the first minute of the game and it looked as though he might have fractured his left arm.  He refused to go to the hospital  and decided to stay at home, keeping his arm still and dosing himself up with paracetamol.  Sara was out with Mary so I left him at home and went into Southampton on my own to attend the Saints v. Nottingham Forest game.  It was a hard game for Saints but they managed a 3-2 win to remain second in the table (Brighton and Middlesbrough both won also).  It was a good and exciting game and the two goals scored by Forest were essentially as a result of poor defending.  At half-time the teams were 2-2 and it was Saint's tighter defence in the second half that won through.  On my way back home I called on John Clough in Chandler's Ford to discuss Sarum Lodge affairs - the Master Elect has decided he does not want to proceed with his installation which is causing me some problems.  I also delivered a Provincial tie to John.  Tonight Mary had a "sleep-over" at her friend Allie's and Tom went to bed quite early leaving Sara and I to enjoy watching the movie "Dave" and eating some rather good cheese which I bought in Chandler's Ford today.

No comments:

Post a Comment