Friday, September 09, 2011

Preparing for Serious Study

Up early again this morning after quite a late night - in fact I didn't get to sleep until well after 1 a.m.  Tom was doing an extra paper round again this morning so Sara got up early to take him to the shop.  After a shower and a bacon butty, I attended Morning Prayer at All Saints with Nils (there were only the two of us today).  When I got back, about half an hour later, Sara asked me to proof read the Sponsorship page for the Calendar.  This I spent about twenty minutes doing before setting off for Salisbury where I used the Park and Ride facilities.  I spent the rest of the morning on errands - banking, shopping and visiting the post office before meeting our friend Anthony for lunch at Anokaa's where we have met before and they do a really good, and value for money, Indian buffet.  Highly recommended if you are ever in Salisbury over lunchtime.  Instead of coffees afterwards, we retired to the Boston Tea Party and chatted over a couple of pots of excellent English tea.  We parted at the corner of Crane Street and I went into The Cathedral Close to visit the bookshop and library at Sarum College.  I spent an hour and a half in the library researching the books I needed for my first module, either borrowing them or ordering them and connected my netbook up to Sarum College's Wi-Fi system.  I visited Staples for some student stationery on my way home this evening.  Tonight I dealt with emails, phone messages and wrote up this blog.  Sara and Tom with Mary's "help" have started to sort out his new room.  Sara has started to put some of the crate from my study into her new study.  I need to go through these and then re-organise my study over the next few weeks.  I'll be so pleased to have a new desk and some more space for serious theological study.  It is quite clear from a quick skim of the books in the College's library that there is some pretty heavy study ahead and some difficult concepts to grasp.  I keep reminding myself that if Sara's brother, Adam, could achieve a high level of study, so can I.  I just need to get back into the psyche of being a student again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment