Thursday, December 20, 2012

A prayerful day

I woke early today and took Thom to the shop to pick up his newspapers and then dropped him off at the bottom of The Causeway to begin his round.  I decided to attend Morning Office at All Saints today and arriving at the church found myself alone.  I said the Morning Office in the aisle chapel and returned home feeling very restful and at peace.  This evening, there was no formal house group as a number of the members were out carol-singing.  Therefore, I still went around to James's and we chatted about a number of things and spent a pleasant couple of hours together.  Sam joined us towards the end of the evening and we said Compline together which was a very pleasant way to end the evening - as was the glass of wine!  It is good to take time off from a hectic schedule and spend it in reflection and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment