Wednesday, December 05, 2012

First Christmas Meal

Woke up in Grimsby this morning to find that it was snowing - although not unexpected it seemed to be falling more strongly than I had anticipated. I phone Sara to find that the weather in Wiltshire was cold but bright.  The snow seems to be mainly in the north and in the deep south-east.  In fact, the snow didn't lay for long.  Breakfast this morning consisted of the excellent sausages which we had bought yesterday from Pettit's in Bethlehem Street.  I packed up the car and was ready to go by 9 a.m. In fact, I finally left at 10.00 a.m. after putting out some re-cycling bins for Mum.  I dropped Mum off at her hairdresser's and set off for the south - arriving back in Winterslow at 3.15 p.m. after a good and uneventful journey - little traffic and good weather.  Tonight Sara and I attended a "white table" event put on by my lodge in Salisbury. The opening and closing of the lodge was rather shambolic - we had had no rehearsals beforehand and a few simple mistakes compounded others!  The dinner seating plan was chaotic too but eventually enough seats were found for everybody and I was able to sit opposite Sara and next to the potential new member whom I had invited along as my guest.  We ate a traditional Christmas dinner of prawn cocktail, roast turkey, Christmas Pudding, cheese and biscuits and mince pies with free wine.  A very pleasant evening and a good opportunity to get to know a possibly new member.

No comments:

Post a Comment