Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve Newspapers

New Year's Eve - another very wet and windy day.  I was up really early to help Thom with his new paper round - which he is doing for friend Samuel whilst he is away on holiday.  It was pitch black and we struggled to find some of the houses.  Unfortunately, Thom put one newspaper in the wrong house and missed another one altogether resulting in many people on his round getting the wrong newspapers!  Later on I apologised to Bella in the shop for this error. Without street lamps and clear house names it is very difficult to find the correct houses. Later this morning, Mary and I went into Andover shopping - quite a treat for us to spend time together as it is usually Thom I am out with.  The traffic into Andover was really busy but we managed to get parked in Suffolk Road and then walked into town visiting a couple of banks and shopping in Tesco's, Poundland, Wilkinson's and a card shop to buy condolence card to send to Colin Lee's wife.  Colin was a senior Freemason in Brighton who had been instrumental in getting me Royal Arch Provincial Honours.  A witty individual, he had a kind heart.  He will be sadly missed.  Quite a shock - he died suddenly at 9 a.m. yesterday morning at his home in Hove.  Mary and I had drinks in Cafe Nero and caught up on our emails and messages with our BlackBerrys.  Once back home we watched another Agatha Christie story in a nice warm lunge with a wood fire.  I have also ordered some new wood.  Sara, Mary and I stayed up late to see the new year in - Thom was upstairs in his room and came down to share some Cava with us.  We watched the wonderful fireworks from London on the TV. Sara went to bed just after midnight and I stayed up a little longer to watch some episodes of Father Ted.  I guess it will be a late morning in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment