Friday, December 28, 2012

Back to work - slowly!

Today it was a question of really trying to get back to work today.  I had drawn up a list of things I needed to do and put them on an electronic "post-it" on my laptop screen.  I started the morning having a good tidy-up in the kitchen and then set to work in the study - going through some post and paying some bills.  I discarded some old documents on my desk and tidied that up so that I can work more freely - it was just a jumble of papers to start with.  Sara did a two-hour stint at the Lord Nelson, the kids amused themselves in their respective rooms.  I made soup and then watched another Miss Marple movie whilst eating soup, before returning to my study to send and pay some bills.  This evening I continued to work in the study and crossed off all but one item on my daily "to do list".  Today I have only ventured out of the house to post some letters and to retrieve some rubbish which the wind had scattered all over the garden.    

No comments:

Post a Comment