Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve - Midnight Mass

Christmas Eve and Sara is still feeling unwell.  The children are, of course, very excited and I went into Salisbury today for some last minute shopping - Thom wanted to spend some of his paper round money and, using an advance of his Christmas money, buy a new PSP and some games from Game.  He therefore came into Salisbury with me.  I had some money to pay into the bank and needed to get some cat food - Sara having forgotten to order it from Tesco.  On the way back we called in at our niece's house on Bishopdown Farm to deliver the presents for the children.  I held Nevaeh in my arms for a while and she clearly uttered the word "hello" when I was looking away.  We all heard it and it was quite distinctive. Not bad for a baby who is only three and a half months old!  I also picked up the Christmas presents for us.  Back home the usual preparations were being made - boiling ham etc. Tonight the whole family attended Midnight Mass in Salisbury Cathedral - a really lovely service with excellent music and a good sermon by the bishop.  We didn't return home until 2 a.m. and didn't get to bed until 3 a.m. after watching some television.  A typical Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment