Thursday, December 27, 2012

Strange objects in the sky

The weather continues to be dreadful.  Another quiet day at home in the warm was on the cards but I had to drive into Salisbury this morning to get my nearside headlamp bulb replaced at the Mercedes garage.  On the way home from midnight mass on Christmas Day morning the car warning light came on to tell me that the bulb had gone.  This was the first opportunity to get it fixed.  Whilst in town I banked Thom's money for his electronic game which he had given me to pay off the credit card used. The shops and bank were remarkably quiet although the out of town shopping along Southampton Road looked to be heaving if the traffic was anything to go by! I did some tidying up today and watched a couple of Agatha Christie "Miss Marple" whodunits.  I really enjoy these and as I still feel in a holiday mood thought I would indulge myself with watching a couple.  Sara cooked an excellent bubble & squeak made from the Christmas Day leftovers.   I also indulged in some astrophotography and took a photo of the Moon with a halo within which the planet Jupiter appeared (see photo).  I also took some photos of Jupiter and when I enlarged them on the laptop screen a small red object appeared together with a smaller white object.  In successive frames the objects were moving together extremely slowly against the backdrop of stars.  I really don't know how to explain it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment