Tuesday, December 11, 2012

So cold!!!!!!

It is my little sister's 50th Birthday today!  How frightening is that!  Time really is flying. The temperature has really plummeted today and there is thick frost and ice on the cars.  The side roads are treacherous with ice too although the main roads are clear.  Despite the weather I woke up early and took Thom to the village shop at 6.00 a.m. to begin his paper round. I bought a morning newspaper and went back to bed to read it with a cup of tea.  This morning I did a bit of work in the front garden - in particular I cut back the stumps from the old tree to clear a passageway from our new side gate to the front of the house. I then re-shingled the path to make a clear route.  Although the weather was freezing the work kept me warm and reminded me of how Shackleton's crew had managed to keep themselves warm by sheer hard work.  As I am currently reading his account of his ill-fated expedition in 1914-17 I can relate well to it with this current weather. I also managed to order tickets for the Saints v. Chelsea FA Cup tie on the 5th January 2013.  Unlike on previous occasions, no tickets will be sent out but our season tickets will be activated to allow us entrance through the turnstiles.  I have made a clear note of the booking reference just in case it doesn't work!  This afternoon was spent in Sarum College library where, after initially writing a letter of advice to some Complex clients, I set about writing the first 1,000 words of my essay for the "Living the Christian Life" module.  I have until 18 December to complete the two essays and want to get the first one completed this week.  That is my aim anyway.  I didn't spend as long in the library as I had planned because the car park there was full and I had to park in a time restricted car park in Crane Street.  I called in at Tesco for fuel on the way home and finally got back to Winterslow at around 6.30 p.m.  An early night tonight as it is so cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment