Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Morning in Romsey

Another mild day today although I am sure Sara would think it was cold.  Still no sign of Mary's BlackBerry this morning despite more searching.  Sara and I took our long awaited morning off to go out together.  We keep saying that we must do this but our work always seems to get in the way and we rarely have any time for ourselves.  We made the effort and went into Romsey where I bought Sara her main Christmas present - a piece of jewellery which cost me three times the amount Sara had thought it would cost - because it said, on the sales literature "From £xx.  It is now her main present even if that had not been the original intention.  We also shopped in Aldi's and Waitrose as well as looking in a few other shops.  We had coffee at Asante's cafe which sends some of  its profits to help a village Africa. It also sells African art pieces.  I posted a whole batch of Christmas cards in Romsey and bought more stamps and yet more Christmas cards to finish off those still to be posted.  This afternoon Sara found Mary's BlackBerry under the covers of her bed.  In fact, I had already felt it under the sheets when searching this morning but thought it was the control for the electric blanket.  Deep joy and relief.  Spent this evening in the study with more Christmas cards to write.  Received the marks for my last two lay ministry assignments - 60% and 63%.  Massive scores for me which indicate that I am very much on target for a decent degree mark.  On those days when I feel my call is slipping away these marks make me feel that I am called to this ministry and give me the boost I sometimes feel I need to go on.  I think I enjoy the hard work more than I sometimes believe. Interestingly enough, the harder I think the assignment is, the better my score.  All those hours in Sarum College library seem to pay off.  It is said that the more hours in a college library the better the grades.  There must be some truth in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment