Friday, December 14, 2012

Mary's 12th Birthday

Mary's 12th Birthday today. Wow, how time flies!  I know this is a constant theme but I really don't know where the time is going - it certainly never drags in this household.  We are always so busy.  Mary came into our bedroom really early and opened all her presents.  She was very pleased - especially with all the money which she had received from relatives.  The weather has turned much warmer now and with it heavy rain and wind. I had originally thought that this was the morning for the Ambassadors' Breakfast Club but as I lay in bed I realised that this was only the second Friday in the month and not the third - a lie in was therefore possible.  In fact, I didn't lie in for long and got up and worked in the study.  Sara did her usual stint at the Lord Nelson this lunchtime whilst I stayed at home.  Having finished the last essay, I felt slightly less stressed today and so pottered about more than I should. Tonight Mary brought home a really nice friend, who lives in Salisbury, to stay over. Instead of going out for our traditional Chinese meal at the Water Margin restaurant in North Baddesley, it was decided to buy and bring in a Chinese takeaway from Porton.  This was my first trip out of the village all day.  I seem to be finding myself staying in Winterslow more and more and only venturing out when absolutely necessary. Sara and I hope to have a half day in Romsey next week and I hope to meet up with my fellow student, Ashley, some time next week too.  Tonight I also experimented with my Canon EOS camera by trying to take some astro-photographs.  Not too many successful ones but I did get quite a stunning shot of the constellation Orion from our garden which included some trees in the foreground.  I have posted it it here as I am quite proud of this achievement.  The tripod is not as steady as I would like but if I can get that fixed then longer exposures should be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment