Monday, December 10, 2012

Mission Giving

Another bright but cold day today.  I made bacon and eggy bread for breakfast - the first fried breakfast for a few days as I have been eating porridge a lot recently.  A slow start to the day but spent the morning writing letters to accompany cheques which I was sending out to various charities as part of the Winterslow Parish's Mission Giving - a total of £4,500 posted out today.  I walked to the post office to buy more stamps and to post these letters.  Did some more work this afternoon and washed my filthy car - the country lanes around here are so dirty that you only have to take your car out for a few miles to bring it back as though you had been on a lengthy rally.  I didn't leave the village all day today.  This afternoon I rang Mum to see how she was.  She seemed bright and had had a visit from my sister yesterday which had pleased her.  Tonight Sara has gone over to West Dean - the village where I preached yesterday - to a craft fair in aid of a charity.   She has taken Mary and Thom is upstairs in his room leaving me alone downstairs to write this and then to watch some TV before having an early night in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment