Thursday, December 06, 2012

Coffee Morning in Amesbury

I woke up early today to find that it was truly freezing cold.  Ice to a depth of half an inch had formed on the top of the garden bin which is currently full of rain water.  I still can't shift this cold and I received telephone calls to inform me that two of the members of our House Group couldn't attend this evening through illness.  Two others couldn't attend for other reasons. I drove up to amesbury for a meeting with a prospective member of our Lodge.  I met him and his three-year old sone at Costa coffee and we chatted for about an hour and a half.  I also visited the recycling centre and dumped some bottles and cans.  This afternoon Sara attended an interview for the part time position of Team Administrator in the Clarendon Team.  She will know on Tuesday whether she is to go through for a second interview. She will be excellent for the job.  We learned today that our friend Sophie is leaving the area and moving to Wales as soon as her house is sold.  That will be a big blow to the local parish where she is secretary and has led worship.  Tonight I led a small House Group of three at James's, staying behind afterwards for a glass of wine and a chat.  Still need to write up my service for Sunday and write my sermon, although after tonight's house group discussion I have some good ideas for it.  Back home quite late and watched a couple of episodes of "Not going Out" for light relief.     

No comments:

Post a Comment