Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Hospital Visit

Second full day in Grimsby and Cleethorpes today.  Woke early and wrote up my blog and then made tea for Mum and me. I also received an early morning call from a potential new client and discussed his problem in some detail. Breakfast today consisted of corn flakes and scrambled eggs on toast. After breakfast I once again read the scripture readings for Sunday and scribbled down some thoughts for my sermon.  I also looked up the Collect Prayer and Introduction to the Peace to add into the Morning Worship at Advent service. I called in to see my cousin, Michael, in Cleethorpes but found that he was out.  After pushing a Christmas card through his door and then drove on to see Auntie Mim in Sandringham Road, Cleethorpes and spent an hour and a half with her catching up on family news.  It is always such a pleasure to go and see her.I returned to Mum's before noon and after half an hour there - which included a telephone consultation with another client - I drove Mum up to the Diana Princess of Wales Hospital where she underwent a bone infusion procedure to protect her bones from becoming too brittle and sustaining serious damage if she fell.  This procedure lasted about an hour and during that time I had a quick lunch of a tea cake and coffee in the cafeteria.  After the hospital visit it was back to Mum's via Petits the butchers to buy some excellent  Lincolnshire sausages - three pounds of which I am taking back to Wiltshire - and also Aldis and Ron Ramsdens.  Mum seemed in much better spirits and zoomed around those shops - I had to keep chasing after her to find her!  Tonight, as a Christmas treat, I took her to The Trawlerman Carvery and Pub on North Sea Lane, Cleethorpes which is located on the site of the old Flamingo Night Spot.  By the time we got there - 7.30 p.m. - it was very quiet indeed.  People up here seem to eat very early.  At £3.69 each the carvery was excellent value for money and the beef I had was very thick and tender.  I drove back along Cleethorpes sea front and Mum delighted in seeing some of the Christmas lights already displayed by some properties. We ended the day watching Arsenal's Champions League game against Olypiakos which they lost 2-1 - yet will still qualify.  We had cheese and wine to round off the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment