Monday, August 31, 2009

When Harry met Sally

Bank Holiday Monday - the last one this year until Christmas Day. I woke to find the weather drizzling rain with a heavy fog/mist. No gardening today it seemed. I hoisted the Trinidad and Tobago flag (being their Independence Day) and made tea. I caught up with the BBC's Football League programme on the Internet and breakfasted on bread and marmalade. I had a fairly lazy morning but did manage to do some weeding later when the weather improves. Sara and I went through some old compact cassettes of music deciding which to keep and which we could donate to a Church Premises Fund sale later in September. I also set up a new printer/scanner/copier for Sara's and my laptop as the existing one has been jamming frequently. The replacement had new sophisticated software which needed downloading, but the result is a marked improvement and is altogether a neater and more attractive piece of equipment than its predecessor. Tonight we watched When Harry met Sally with a glass or two of French Cava. The New Year sequence at the end reminded me of my feelings on New Year 1995/1996. A great turning point in my own life. Now writing this blog at 12.40 a.m. whilst Sara repairs my Royal Arch apron for tomorrow night's chapter meeting in Salisbury. Tomorrow will be the 70th anniversary of the invasion of Poland by Nazi Germany which sparked off the Second World War in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment