Monday, February 15, 2010

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Another Monday morning without a commute. This one felt more like a holiday as it is half-term and the children are off today. The day didn't start too well with a letter from Companies House that because of a change in the accounts filing dates brought about by new legislation, we had filed the Oceanic accounts late and were facing a fine. Laura had sent these to me but had kindly also sent an email warning me of their coming in the post. I need to look into this later. Sara cooked breakfast and I took the children into Salisbury to see Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 the Squeakquel at the local Odeon Cinema. The weather was pretty grotty today with rain but as we took the Park and Ride bus service from London Road it didn't worry us as the bus pulls up outside the cinema. After paying for our tickets and popcorn etc. (the latter is obviously where they make their money - note to self - buy butterkist from Tesco's next time!) we settled down at the back of Screen 4 - which seems to be just a bit bigger than our new TV at home. It was an "okay" film - amusing in parts and Mary enjoyed some of the "toilet humour". As usual with these animated films there were morals to the story - team work, not judging at first glance, not being selfish, etc. etc. After the cinema we went to the bank, Game shop and Jessops. I wanted to see what types of camera I could get with the gift money I will get from my former Company. Tonight Sara went to a branch meeting in Southampton for her Vie at Home business whilst I watched some of the Winter Olympics and another documentary on Hitler!

No comments:

Post a Comment