Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feeling Wretched

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling unwell and fainted in the en suite bathroom. I am not sure how long I was on the floor but couldn't raise Sara, all I could hear was her deep snoring. Slightly worrying that I could be dying in the night and she would be none the wiser! Felt awful this morning - headache and stomach ache. I flopped around the house with little or no energy to do anything and worrying about all the prep. still needed for Food for Thought (FFT). I had very little to eat and drank mainly water. I had an appointment with the nurse at our local GP surgery at 11.50 a.m. in any case (routine check up for any new patient). Everything seemed in order except for a little low blood pressure - better than being too high! Richard called round in the early afternoon and drove me into Salisbury - first to collect some paperwork from my old company and then to drive out to the Cash n' Carry to get food and other bits and pieces for the FFT service. Richard really enjoyed looking round the warehouse and seeing all the things he could buy for domestic use. As the nurse had told me I needed some peace and rest I went to bed at 7 p.m. deciding that the day had taken enough out of me already and hoping a long period of rest in bed would restore my energy levels and leave me feeling better in the morning. How I hate being ill! One good piece of news though - I've secured two tickets (one for me and one for Malcolm) for the Saints game at Prenton Park, Birkenhead on the 6th March.

No comments:

Post a Comment