Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shrove Tuesday

A relatively quiet day today. I woke up feeling quite energised and spent some of the morning dealing with niggling little tasks in the study - banking, paying bills etc. I also spoke to Companies House to try and sort out the late penalty notices and will appeal once I hear further from Laura. Sara took Mary into Salisbury this morning to a rehearsal at the City Hall for the Dance Show next month. In fact, we discovered that the Show is the same afternoon as the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Cup Final at Wembley! Sara has already bought tickets for Tom and me to attend! So somebody is going to be disappointed. This afternoon the children seemed to get into each other's way and so there wasn't a great deal of peace and quiet. Tonight Sara and Tom drove to the Lord Nelson whilst Mary and I walked there - a long spooky walk through the copse - to join other members of the church in the pub for a Pancake Evening - it being Shrove Tuesday. The pancakes were excellent - although I only had two - and I had interesting chats with Klynn, Richard, Linda, Lesley, Chris and others. Tonight, back home, I watched a programme on Northern Ireland TV (courtesy of Sky) about one of my cases in Northern Ireland which had taken me over to the Province on several occasions during 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment