Sunday, February 07, 2010

Tom's Birthday - The Teenage Years begin

Yet another early start - weekends haven't changed in retirement and, consequently, they now seem busier than ever. It is Tom's birthday today and so he came into our room to open his presents before I went off to church. I got some money from Mum and Therese, a scarf and new mobile phone from us, a game shop voucher from Paul and Sian and some darts equipment also from us. I left to attend the 8 a.m. Early Morning Eucharist at St. John's as I would miss the All Age Eucharist at All Saints this morning because Tom was playing a match at 10 a.m. on Barry's Field. Elizabeth gave her usual polished ministry in church and I returned home for a breakfast of pancakes cooked in Sara's new pancake pan. Tom played for the first half of Clarendon Junior's match against Salisbury City. Clarendon won 2-0 although their performance was quite poor and Gary gave the lads a bit of a "telling off". This afternoon Mary went to Maya's birthday party in the village hall. I dealt with some masonic paperwork and attempted to sort out. This evening we had a lovely family dinner at the Water Margin Chinese restaurant in North Baddesley where we were served with a Gourmet Buffet. Absolutely excellent food as always. This weekend has been so busy that I am feeling extremely tired so will aim for an early night. Tomorrow will be another long day as I am going to Brighton again, staying overnight with Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment