Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Farewell to Friends

Woke up at around 7.30 a.m. in the nursery bedroom at Peter's. By the sound of the cars going by the roads were wet and the dark sky confirmed that it was raining. After a shower I went downstairs for a cup of tea and read some of The Lost Symbol. Peter joined me and after a chat over tea we went off to Wheelies - a nice clean "greasy spoon" run by a couple of nice girls in Victoria Road, Portslade. I had a 4X4 breakfast consisting of egg, bacon, sausage, black pudding, beans, fried slice, tomato and toast, washed down with a mug of tea. On the way back we called in at Victor H's for a coffee and to discuss some masonic business. I finally left Hove at around 11.30 a.m. arriving back at Winterslow at 1.30 p.m. This evening I had my drinks function in The Boathouse and it was good to see so many ex-colleagues come over for a drink and to say goodbye. In fact, quite a number of them I will see again at my special dinner at the Jade on the 19th. I stayed behind until about 9 p.m. with Kevin, Lorna and Ed laughing and joking about some of the funnier moments over the last twenty years. Hilary kindly gave me a bottle of good champagne. I have made some really good friends over the years, particularly in Salisbury, and I am so glad that we have made this area our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment