Saturday, February 20, 2010

David Bailey - here I come!

We had breakfast quite early this morning with Mary McC joining us as she had to be back in Dorking quite early this morning - croissants, cereal, fruit juice and coffee. As it is half term there was no ballet school this morning for Mary to have to attend. After Mary McC had left I wrote up the blog for yesterday and then went into Salisbury to post off, by special delivery, some Open University books for Sara's brother which had arrived. I had intended to go on to do some shopping in town but found that I had left my wallet at home. Apart from a short stop at Homebase to get a new roller for Sara's decorating project, I came home for a lunch of soup and rolls. I returned to Salisbury in the afternoon and with my retirement gift money bought two digital cameras - one a Canon single lens reflex camera for series photography - including astro-photography in conjunction with my 8 inch reflecting telescope, and a small pocket digital camera for quick and easy snaps. They are still in their boxes as since arriving back home I've had no opportunity to get them out and look at them. However, I am looking forward to using the SLR for action shots as it has an automatic fast frame system. This afternoon, Southampton recorded a fantastic victory at Carrow Road where they beat League leaders, Norwich City, 0-2. This takes the Saints back into the top half of the table again but still quite a number of points behind the play-off spots. Tonight, after quite a bit of debate, we all went to Poole to the greyhound stadium. It was a barren night with none of us having a least sniff of a win. However, it was a great night out and the children enjoyed the thrill of hoping for a big win. Track 4 came up with no less than six winners. Favourites did not seem to win and so the betting and results were quite unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment