Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Food for Thought Prep.

Another wet miserable morning. Sara made tea for us and got the children off to school. I had a bath and enjoyed black pudding and beans for breakfast. Matt arrived to continue work on the cloakroom and made significant progress today with the tiling and installation of the new basin and toilet. I went down to the Team Office at St. John's and Linda and I prepared the flyers for the Food for Thought (FFT) service on Sunday. We had a "whale" of a time trying to get the Jonah posters just right. I stopped off at Klynn and Susan's to discuss with Susan our requirements for artwork for the service. Over coffee, she came up with some good ideas for the whale swallowing and artwork for the children. This afternoon I spent the afternoon trying to adjust the posters for FFT and learning new IT skills in the progress. Sara went off to Jenny's funeral - a really sad affair compared to yesterday's as Jenny was only 39 when she died of breast cancer leaving two young children aged 11 and 14. Sara brought Sheila J back home with her. Sara used to be Sheila's boss but like Sara and me, Sheila was made redundant by That Company. Sheila has not found work yet but is pleased to be away from her previous employment. I took Mary and Lucy C to Brownies tonight at Norman Court and called in on Hamish and Nicola. Nicola is happy to organise the music for Sunday and Hamish to act in Sara's playlet and give a testimony. I took Sheila to Dean Station to catch a train home to Swanwick near Southampton. It was nice to see her. She apparently reads this blog so keeps updated with our activities. I hope she gets work soon. Tonight Sara is working in the Lord Nelson - a bit of extra cash - and I listened to the Wycombe v. Saints match on the radio - a disappointing 0-0 result. Grimsby Town managed yet another draw at Blundell Park - 1-1. I spoke to Mum on the phone and tentatively agreed to go up for a few days somewhere between 17-21 March. Grimsby are playing Bournemouth on the 20th March so will probably go to that match. I will also try and go and spend an hour or so with David Kaye in Louth. I also spoke to Malcolm in Liverpool and again have tentatively arranged to go up there between the 5th and 7th March. Saints are playing Tranmere Rovers on the 6th at Prenton Park so I'll try and get tickets for that game. Indeed, its only next week so I hope I can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment