Friday, February 05, 2010

Another early breakfast

An early morning start - my first since I retired at the beginning of the week. I also donned my suit and tie and set off for a morning breakfast meeting of the Ambassadors' networking group at Grasmere Hotel in Salisbury. After an excellent cooked breakfast each member and guest present had to say a little about their business and business cards were swapped around. This was a good opportunity for me to begin to promote our employment law consultancy company, Complex Services Limited, and I made a few contacts in the local legal world. Following the breakfast I took the old computer equipment from the study down to the amenity tip and called in at Staples for some crates and envelopes. I also dropped some copy letters into Maxime who reminded me about the PCC supper at her house next Wednesday - I now have an engagement every evening next week! Back home I washed and valeted the car and had lunch of baked potatoes with Sara who had been out visiting our friend Lucy in Whiteparish. We both went to Mary's school to hear about her class's forthcoming trip to Oxenwood. I took Tom to his football training at Bemerton where I stayed to bring him back and just after 8 p.m. went down to the Lion's Head to meet up with Richard. I also saw Mandy in the pub who was unaware that I had left The Company and was heartily envious - wishing she was a year older! Chris M joined us later to help us put the world to rights. A busy but rewarding day today. Everybody I meet says that I look so much happier and relaxed!

No comments:

Post a Comment