Friday, February 19, 2010

JADE - Just absolutely delightful evening!

Last day of the Winter Half-Term Holiday - so after the weekend we should be back to some degree of routine and normality. After making tea, I drove into Salisbury to attend my second business networking breakfast meeting at the Grasmere Hotel. Returning home, I felt quite energised and dealt promptly with my mail (Sara and Mary had gone into Salisbury themselves as Sara had an appointment with the doctor about her cough). I also visited the doctor in Winterslow to make an appointment for a new patient health check-up. I then did some cleaning and tidying up while Sara continued to work on decorating the downstairs cloakroom. Sara left for the Lord Nelson, where she continues to wait of tables on Friday lunchtimes. I cooked pasta for me and the children and then cleaned and tided the family room ready for Mary McC who is coming to my retirement dinner at the Jade tonight. I took Tom to his football training practice at Bemerton (Gary will bring him back) at 5.30 p.m. where I met up with Terry and Peter. We discussed what it is like to be retired - Peter is already a "househusband" and Terry would like to retire but is too young. Mary McC had arrived by the time I returned home and we chatted about recent events and old times before Richard C's daughter, Helen, arrived to look after the children. There were twelve of us at the Jade this evening - on one long table - Stuart, Adrian, Serena, Mary, Rick, Lady Gault, Derek, Hilary, Nigel, Karen, Sara and me. What a wonderful night! The food was absolutely exquisite, the company wonderful. Great laughs! These are really good friends rather than colleagues. Just as with the Claims dinner last week, there was a wonderful relationship between me and these folks. We decided that we must repeat these dinners again on a regular basis. Thanks to Facebook many of us already keep in close contact with each other. We got back home far later than expected - poor Helen must have thought we were never coming coming. Her car was heavily iced up so I spent some time defrosting it for her. Mary McC, Sara and I spent a further hour chatting before going to bed at 2 a.m. What a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment